George Pleat Guitar Studio Quartet performs Acordai Donzela (Traditional Brazilian)
during the 3rd Annual Student recital
My Philosophy About Learning Guitar
First and foremost, everybody has the potential talent to play classical guitar, just like everybody learns how to speak their native tongue. I consider the student, parent (if applicable) and teacher as a team. You, the student, will progress at your own pace, given your determination to learn and your time investment for practicing. I, the teacher, will do everything possible to maximize your potential as a player and to develop your guitar skills to an advanced level.
Achievable Goals for Students
• Develop playing abilities at your own pace on 6-string or 8-string guitars, classical or folk
• Play a piece from beginning to end
• Play a piece in front of family and friends
• Develop guitar skills for advanced level, including visualization and reading music
• Be prepared for playing in public, either solos or duets [see two examples on my YouTube channel: Sandro & John]
My Teaching fees and policy : Contact me for a free orientation session; weekly private 30-minute lessons are $25 per session; for more information see Guitar Studio Policy. In-person lessons are encouraged but online lessons (through Zoom) are also available. I teach students who are 10 years to adults any age. It is never too late to start learning this wonderful instrument!!
To start your journey in learning the classical guitar contact me
Where to obtain a guitar and accessories? contact Mike Kirkpatrick Studio