My Philosophy About Learning Guitar
First and foremost, everybody has the potential talent to play classical guitar, just like everybody learns how to speak their native tongue. I consider the student, parent (if applicable) and teacher as a team. You, the student, will progress at your own pace, given your determination to learn and your time investment for practicing. I, the teacher, will do everything in my power to maximize your potential as a player and to develop your guitar skills to an advanced level.
“I started playing Classical Guitar after years of not playing standard rock / country guitar very well and hired George as a teacher. During the last year and a half under his study, I have learned so much and developed a love of the instrument. I look forward to furthering my studies and becoming more proficient in my playing.” Testimonial from an adult student, John.
Achievable Goals for Students
• Develop playing abilities at your own pace on 6-string or 8-string guitars, classical or folk
• Play a piece from beginning to end
• Play a piece in front of family and friends
• Develop guitar skills for advanced level, including visualization and reading music
• Be prepared for playing in public
To start your journey in learning the classical guitar contact me
Where to obtain a guitar and accessories? contact Mike Kirkpatrick Studio